There are plenty of ways to get involved in National Youth Theatre.
f you're aged between 14-25, you can apply to join National Youth Theatre and be in with the chance of getting involved in our shows or long term training schemes. Over 25, and an early career director? Take a look at our Bryan Forbes Assistant Director Bursary to see how you can get involved
Join the Hub
Aged 11-25? Join our Hub and become part of our creative community today.
- Access 24+ Industry Workshops
- Audition to become an Acting Member (14-25)
- Interview to become a Backstage Member (18-25)
- Attend Creative Leadership Sessions
- Get Exclusive Content and Resources
- Unlock Discounts, Merch & More
Become a National Youth Theatre Member
Join us as a National Youth Theatre Member, by applying to take part in one of our Acting or Backstage Summer Intake Courses.
To apply you need to
- Join the Hub
- Submit an Audition Tape or Book a Backstage Interview via the Hub Notice Board
- Wait to hear back in May 2021 if you've successfully gained a place on our Summer Courses
After you complete your summer intake course, you'll become a National Youth Theatre Member until you turn 26.
Masterclasses (From January 2021)
- Acting for Screen and Self-Taping
- Audition Technique
- Comedy and Improvisation
- Writing for Stage and Screen
- Performing Shakespeare on Stage and Screen
Opportunities for National Youth Theatre Members
Once you become a NYT Member you can gain access to the below opportunities and more...
- Casting Auditions for NYT shows and, if you're +18, the REP Company
- Backstage roles on NYT productions
- The Creative Leadership programme
- Access to NYT workshops, member-led activity and events
- Access to external ticket offers, and castings
Playing Up - (Aimed at those not in education, employment or training)
Open to NYT members and non-members, Playing Up is a free OCN Level 3 accredited 9 month drama training programme, offering young people aged 19-24 the opportunity to gain an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Theatre Arts.
Stepping Up - (Aimed at those not in education, employment or training)
Open to NYT members and non-members, Stepping Up is an OCN Level 2 accredited 13 week drama training programme, offering young people aged 19-25 the opportunity to gain a Certificate in Progression in Theatre Arts.
Bryan Forbes Assistant Director Bursary - (Emerging Directors under 30)
An opportunity for one emerging director to train alongside the NYT REP Company supported by a £10,000 bursary.
- The Hub
- Auditions & Backstage Interviews
- NYT Membership