Aged 11-25? Join our Hub and become part of our creative community today.
- Attend two live online workshops with Industry pros every month
- Watch interviews with leading Industry Voices on-demand
- Audition to become an Acting Member (14-25s)
- Interview to become a Backstage Member (16-25s)
- Take part in training in Key Skills, Creative Leadership & Inclusive Practice
- Get Exclusive Content and Resources
- Unlock Discounts*, Merch & More
How will auditions work in 2023? (For ages 14-25)
Auditions are now open for young people across the UK who are aged 14-25 on the 1st August 2024.
- To become an Acting Member in 2024, sign up to the Hub to submit an audition video
- We'll invite those we would like to meet again to a live digital recall in February or April 2024.
- Everyone will find out by the end of May 2024 if they've successfully gained a place on one of our Acting Intake Courses
- After completing an Intake Course you become an National Youth Theatre Acting Member
Acting Membership opens doors to performing in NYT productions, accessing, external professional castings auditions, Creative Leadership training, Made by Members workshops and more.
Read our Auditions Guide for more information on what to prepare for your audition.
The final deadline to submit your first round self tape to be considered for the intake courses in 2024 is March 2024
Upload your tape in January 2024 to be eligible for an early-bird recall in February 2023.
NYT membership was life changing for me.
How will backstage interviews work in 2022? (For ages 16-25)
Interviews are now open for Backstage Courses in Stage Management, Costume Design & Making, Lighting, Video & Projection, Set Design & Scenic Construction, Theatre Sound and Composition.
- To become a Backstage Member in 2024, sign up to the Hub and book an interview slot.
- We'll invite those showing most potential to attend a Backstage summer intake course.
- Everyone will find out by the end of May 2024 if they've successfully gained a place on our Backstage Intake Courses
- After completing an Intake Course you become an NYT Backstage Member
Backstage Members are a vital part of our creative community. They take up key roles on our productions, Inclusion projects, events and get access to external opportunities, Creative Leadership training and mentoring from industry experts.