Are you passionate about national opportunities for NYT members and tapped into the creative scene in your area? Do you want to work with NYT to connect local NYT members and produce your dream creative project at a venue near you?
Centre Stage Creatives is a brand new career boosting talent development opportunity from National Youth Theatre for our members around the UK, supported by The Foyle Foundation.
In early 2019 this new initiative will offer three current NYT members from any creative discipline a unique chance to work alongside the organisation for 18 months as Centre Stage Creatives.
Three successful applicants will work with the NYT team to connect our members to creative opportunities in their area and one another. They will also be paid to produce a piece of creative work, pitched as part of their application, and support our wider national programme.
Whether you’re a director, spoken-word artist, writer, designer, inclusive practice specialist, digital artist, community theatre-maker, sound designer, an immersive theatre pioneer or any other kind of creative, if you are a creative leader of the future, we want to hear from you!
What is the programme?
- Successful applicants will work closely with NYT staff to increase participation and opportunities for NYT members nationally, creating new NYT networks in their region and championing new talent from around the UK within the organisation and beyond
- Centre Stage Creatives will get the opportunity to develop professional experience and knowledge, including the chance to conceive, create and produce a new piece of creative work of their choice with NYT members in their region supported by funding
- Over the 18 months Centre Stage Creatives will receive professional development support from NYT staff and leading industry mentors in their region
- Those selected will also help to create Centre Stage Creatives Sharing Events and other opportunities nationally for NYT members
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for future creative leaders with the ideas, drive and creative connections to help us make a big impact in their local area and produce new exciting work.
- You must be a current NYT Company Member over the age of 18 and be out of school or college.
- We’re not looking for specialists in a particular theatrical creative discipline, your talent could be directing, new writing, digital work, disability and inclusive practice, touring and outdoor arts production, physical theatre or something entirely different!
How to apply
1. Please complete the short application form
2. Please also complete a short film or audio recording of no longer than 5 minutes in length
Please answer the following questions within the film:
- Your name
- Your location and your creative networks within the location or area you work within
- Please summarise your creative practice
- Please identify any specialisms you may have, for example digital skills, forum theatre, performance poetry, inclusive practice
- What are the main ideas, knowledge and ambition that you would bring to the National Youth Theatre as a result of your time as a Centre Stage Creative?
- Please tell us how you would benefit from working as a Centre Stage Creative at NYT and how you would use this opportunity to drive forward opportunities both for your own practice and the Membership of the National Youth Theatre
Please upload your film to Vimeo or YouTube and send it as a link.
3. Please also complete the attached Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Applications are currently closed. Join our mailing list to be the first to hear when applications reopen.
If you have any questions please contact Amelia Oakley, Membership and Participation Coordinator on email@example.com