Who We Are
Founded in 1956, the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain is a world-leading youth arts organisation. We discover, develop and launch diverse talented young people aged 14 to 25 from across the UK, providing high quality practical experience in performance and technical theatre. We pride ourselves on spotting potential and are a company of firsts, continually breaking the mould and cementing our reputation as the home of the best of young British talent.
Below are our current vacancies. If you'd like to join our jobs mailing list to be alerted when positions in our creative, backstage and administrative teams become availiable fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Company Stage Manager (Liverpool)
Last year, NYT commissioned NYT Alumni, Luke Barnes to write a new play about toxic masculinity and after the really successful scratch showing of ‘Lost Boys’ in Skelmersdale in 2018, the show is now in it’s next stage of commission. The show will be developed further in 2019 as part of our summer season with a short run at The Unity Theatre and then a 2 week community local tour. We are looking for an experienced Company Stage Manager to work on this show.
We will be looking for a candidate who has:
- At least 3 years professional experience within Stage Management/Company Management
- A base in Liverpool or surrounding areas.
- Experience of managing DSMS and ASMs
- Proven ability to work within allocated budgets
- Previous pastoral experience & responsibility working with young people in a training-led environment
- An understanding and experience of the arts and creative sectors and the breadth of opportunities provided by the National Youth Theatre.
Application deadline: Wednesday 31st July 2019
Interview date: week commencing 5th August 2019
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to Lauren Buckley (email@example.com) Please also fill in an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. Please specify a minimum of three practical Referees of individuals that we may contact to confirm your suitability for this contract.
The National Youth Theatre of Great Britain is an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applications from Black, Minority Ethnic and Disabled people. Applicants meeting the minimum criteria on the job person specification will be guaranteed an interview and will be considered on their abilities.
Playing Up Assistant
The National Youth Theatre is an internationally pioneering and award-winning youth arts charity that offers industry lead creative opportunities to young people aged 14-25. We’re looking for a new Assistant to join our Playing Up team for the 2019-20 course. This exciting role in the Playing Up team requires a proactive person with energy and drive, who is able to multitask and manage their own workload. Excitingly it mixes creative development, project management and pastoral elements in one role in almost equal weighting.
You must be a current National Youth Theatre Company Member or Alumni to apply for this role
We will be looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the ability to:
- Support Associate Tutors practically in the space, running fun and engaging exercises to warm the group up each day, demonstrating exercises, co-marking work when required and co-ordinating the space to ensure Associates have all course materials that they need in the space.
- Understand how to build positive group dynamics and how to pastorally support participants sensitively in a 1-2-1 capability, identifying barriers to participation and addressing them in a solution focused way, referring students for support as required. The role demands a good understanding of safeguarding and the ability to remain good professional boundaries.
- Support the Playing Up Manager in all areas of the Access to HE course requirements, including assisting with the OCN accreditation, monitoring, record keeping, and administering the travel bursaries. This requires someone who is highly organised and has highly competent administration skills and excellent IT skills.
- We will also be looking for someone who would like to gain more experience in terms of directing as this role includes an ‘Assistant Director’ role when the group enters the final production in June / July 2020.
Deadline: Thursday 18 July, 10am
Interviews will be held: 25th and 26th July
To apply, please complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thurs 18 July
The National Youth Theatre of Great Britain is an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applications from Black, Minority Ethnic and Disabled people. Applicants meeting the minimum criteria on the job person specification will be guaranteed an interview and will be considered on their abilities
Sign up below to receive a notification when we are hiring in your area of specialism.