Sunday Sessions is a monthly performance night, curated by NYT Company Members.
Born from a number of member-led new writing scratch nights (including Rush, curated by Shakira Newton, and Mixtape, curated by Nathan Whitebrook) Sunday Sessions gives a Company Member (or small group of Members) the chance to curate a performance evening around a theme, performance type, or stimulus.
As the curator you would provide the stimulus, manage submissions, select performers, arrange any necessary rehearsals, and then host the performance evening which will be live-streamed online. Previous sessions have focused on new music, spoken word poetry, short films, sketch comedy, and performances by Black actors.
Have an idea for a session you want to curate and host? Head to the Members' Board to apply
Currently we're looking to programme our Sunday Sessions happening on:
- Sun 27 September 2020
- Deadline for Applications to Curate: Weds 9 September
- Sun 25 October 2020
- Deadline for Applications to Curate: Fri 2 October
- Sun 29 November 2020
- Deadling for Applications to Curate: Fri 30 October
- Performances should consist of original content and have a clear theme
- Performers can be NYT Company Members and non-Members
- Curators must be current NYT Company Members