We’re looking for two new Associate Companies to join our Creative Community as we programme our redeveloped Creative Production House, grow our work around the UK and boost our support for young people in response to the challenges of the last two years.
NYT Associate Companies will receive:
- Free rehearsal, meeting and performance space
- Free Hub subscriptions
- Practical advice, support and mentoring from the NYT team
- Free training in safeguarding, inclusive practice and intersectional equality
- Access to our prop and costume store, digital equipment and online channels
Applications are open to everyone and we’re particularly interested in hearing from:
- Companies led by D/deaf, disabled and/or neurodiverse artists
- Companies led by artists from the Global Majority
- Companies that are based beyond London
- Companies rooted in National Youth Theatre membership
Kane Husbands, Artistic Director of current NYT Associate Company, The PappyShow, said: "The founding members of The PappyShow met during rehearsals for National Youth Theatre's London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Team Welcome Ceremony and ever since the company has been a huge part of our journey. We've benefited hugely from being part of the NYT family, from hosting our workshops in their building to NYT's online reach and have loved working across their courses, training and productions. We highly recommend any companies looking to develop their practice and grow their reach apply."
Deadline: 12 Noon Wed 2 March 2022
Find out more about becoming an Associate Company at a Zoom with NYT Staff members, Youth Trustees and our current Associate Company The PappyShow on Tuesday 22nd February 2022, 6pm-7pm. Following this event, we will put together a FAQ based on the questions that come up and post them online.
If you’d like to speak to a team member about this opportunity email email@example.com