Who We Are
Founded in 1956, the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain is a world-leading youth arts organisation. We discover, develop and launch diverse talented young people aged 14 to 25 from across the UK, providing high quality practical experience in performance and technical theatre. We pride ourselves on spotting potential and are a company of firsts, continually breaking the mould and cementing our reputation as the home of the best of young British talent.
Below are our current vacancies. If you'd like to join our jobs mailing list to be alerted when positions in our creative, backstage and administrative teams become availiable fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
National Youth Theatre of Great Britain, the world’s leading youth theatre, is recruiting a Communications Officer to join our small full-time team.
Download the job description here
Salary Band: £19,000-£21,000
To apply, please send your CV and a one page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 6pm Friday 9 June 2017
Interviews: Thursday 15 June and Friday 16 June 2017 in Camden
We will contact applicants to arrange interviews by Tuesday 13 June. If you have not heard by Friday 16 June 2017, please assume you have not been successful.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Camden
Main Purpose of Role
The main purpose of this role is to work with the communications team to facilitate the NYT Company and Club Membership Schemes, support NYT marketing campaigns on auditions, courses and productions and support general NYT communications activities. The other members of the team are the Head of Communications and the Education Marketing Officer. The team also employs specialist agencies on specific projects and pieces of work.
The Communications Officer will work to raise the profile of all NYT activity, increase box office income and create opportunities for NYT members. They will have key responsibility for driving sign-ups to our Company and Club Memberships and ensuring our members attend our auditions, productions and courses.
The Communications Officer will do this by:
• Creating engaging digital content and delivering content-driven social media campaigns across NYT social platforms
• Creating and distributing regular e-newsletters to NYT members and stakeholders,
• Building and maintaining relationships with other organisations especially outside of London to facilitate external opportunities for NYT members
• Coordinating informative and well-organised membership events with industry professionals
• Responding to large amounts of correspondence from current and prospective NYT members
• Delivering marketing campaigns on special projects, liaising with other staff and agencies and supporting general NYT communications activity as required
Skills and Experience
• Applicants must have professional administration experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office Programmes
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate an active interest in professional communications and have experience in a marketing or communications role
• Applicants must be active and creative social media users and must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of how to utilise a range of platforms effectively
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate an passion for the arts and culture
• Applicants should be outstanding and confident verbal and written communicators, with the ability write engaging copy in different tones for different audiences
• Applicants should be highly organised, work well under pressure and must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritise
• We’re particularly interested in meeting applicants with digital skills including graphic design, video and podcast editing
The National Youth Theatre celebrates the diversity of Britain’s youth in all its forms and actively welcome people from all backgrounds. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse society and welcome applications from candidates from a BAME background. We welcome applications from National Youth Theatre members and former members for this role.
Follow us on Twitter @NYTofGB to hear about other opportunities to get involved.
Sign up below to receive a notification when we are hiring in your area of specialism.