Written by William Shakespeare
Adapted by Scott Graham and Steven Hoggett for Frantic Assembly
Directed by Simon Pittman
This is a mating ground. A dog-eat-dog kind of place. And it’s about to kick off…
In an exclusive collaboration, the National Youth Theatre are proud to present Frantic Assembly’s award-winning adaptation of Othello.
This electrifying take on Shakespeare’s thriller of paranoia, jealousy and murder takes a scalpel to 21st century Britain and will leave you breathless.
Directed by Simon Pittman (Associate Director, Frantic Assembly) and performed by the 2017 NYT REP Company, don’t miss your opportunity to experience Shakespeare’s classic text like never before.
The production is National Youth Theatre’s first staging of Othello since its acclaimed 1995/1996 production starring Chiwetel Ejiofor in the title role.
Running time: 2 hours (including interval)
Group & School bookings
We offer discounts for groups and school groups over ten, and free tickets for educators (for every ten students)
Matinee (2.30pm): £14/ticket, Evening (7.30pm): £17.50/ticket (previews £12)
How to book for your group
The NYT REP Company 2017
Amarah Jae St. Aubyn Curtis John Kemlo
Douglas Wood Eddie-Joe Robinson
Elizabeth McCafferty Jamie Rose
Jenny Walser Joanna McGibbon
Leah Gaffey Leo Shirley
Marc Benga Megan Burke
Mohammed Mansaray Rebecca Hesketh-Smith
Scott Oswald Rosella Doda
The Production Team
Director - Simon Pittman
Adapted by - Scott Graham and Steven Hoggett for Frantic Assembly
Set Design & Co-Costume Design - Laura Hopkins
- Patrons with specific access or seating requirements should book with the Box Office direct on 020 7395 5405. Bookings for specific seats should be made early to avoid disappointment. Bookings and enquiries can also be taken by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Ambassadors Theatre is located in West Street. It is situated next to the St Martin's Theatre and opposite the Ivy Restaurant. There is a small step into the foyer, where you will find the box office on the left. There are 26 steps down to the stalls auditorium and five up to the dress circle. All staircases have handrails and steps are highlighted.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are permitted in the auditorium and staff can dog sit by prior arrangement. Dogs will be looked after in the manager’s office. Please inform the box office at the time of booking.
- Due to spatial restriction within the theatre, we are only able to accommodate wheelchair transfers. Patrons need to be able to transfer to one of our seats which have armrests. Our staff are always available to provide assistance and will store the wheelchair in the foyer during the performance, however they will not be permitted to lift patrons.
- There are 19 steps up from the foyer to the circle bar and 26 steps down to the stalls bar. Drinks in plastic cups may be taken into the auditorium.
- There is no adapted toilet.
- Female toilets are located both 19 steps down the stairs to the stalls, and also up 26 steps from the foyer. Male toilets are up a flight of 8 steps from the foyer, and 26 steps down on the stalls level.
- The nearest underground station is Leicester Square Station. For detailed travel planning information, please visit the Transport for London Journey Planner.
- The nearest overground station is Charing Cross Station. For detailed travel planning information, please visit the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner.
- Nearby bus stops on Charing Cross Rd, serviced by the following buses: 14, 19, 22, 24, 29, 38, 40, 176 For detailed travel planning information, please visit the Transport for London Journey Planner.
- The Q-Park Car Park in Newport Place offers a 50% discount to theatregoers on production of a properly validated parking ticket and theatre ticket. Tickets may be validated by the box office.
With thanks to
- Tue 26 September 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 29 September 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 03 October 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 03 October 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 06 October 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 10 October 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 10 October 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 13 October 2017 02:30PM
- Fri 20 October 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 24 October 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 24 October 2017 07:30PM
- Wed 01 November 2017 02:30PM
- Wed 01 November 2017 07:30PM
- Tue 07 November 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 07 November 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 10 November 2017 02:30PM
- Wed 15 November 2017 02:30PM
- Wed 15 November 2017 07:30PM
- Tue 21 November 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 21 November 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 24 November 2017 02:30PM
- Wed 29 November 2017 02:30PM
- Wed 29 November 2017 07:30PM
- Tue 05 December 2017 02:30PM
- Tue 05 December 2017 07:30PM
- Fri 08 December 2017 02:30PM