Aimed at those aged 14-17 auditioning for the National Youth Theatre or for those wishing to audition for drama schools in the future, participants will learn how to feel confident in an audition setting. Over the 5 sessions they will work on monologues as well as learning some crucial techniques for representing themselves well in an audition context.
Participants will learn:
1. How to select the right monologue/audition piece to best showcase themselves
2. How to approach performing a monologue/audition piece, including work on text, character and staging
3. How to prepare for the ‘chat’ side of an audition
4. How to deal with nerves
5. What to expect from auditions across various contexts
6. The course will finish with a mock audition in front of a special guest panellist and yourself where participants will receive personalised feedback.
Monday 12th - Friday 16th February 2024
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: 443-445 Holloway Road, London, N7 6LW
Am I eligible for a free place?
At The National Youth Theatre we never want cost to be a barrier, that's why we offer limited free spaces on each course. For a free place, please fill out the short application form here
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at those 14-27 who wish to audition specifically for the National Youth Theatre or drama schools. No previous acting experience is necessary
What about access needs?
Our courses are adaptable for participants with disability and neurodivergence where required. All participants are asked to provide Access Requirements before attending to make sure their needs are met. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What should I bring?
Please wear comfortable clothing, bring a packed lunh and water bottle (NYT is walking distance to many corner shops, cafes & local supermarkets to buy food from), a notepad and pen
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team on email@example.com