This course is an opportunity to brush up your acting toolkit so that you feel confident in how to approach a new character, text, or show. Led by a professional actor, this course will leave you feeling confident in how you best work as an actor and give you a taster of a variety of different acting techniques. There will be a wide range of approaches explored so that you can walk away with an in-depth knowledge of yourself as a performer, and how to get the most of a piece of text.
This course is suitable for:
- Professional actors at any stage who want to try out some new techniques and work with new material
- Those considering a career as an actor who wish to build up their toolkit
- Performers who want to focus more on character and text work
- Those without a professional training who want to feel more confident in their acting technique
- Anyone preparing for upcoming shows or auditions who want to get the most out of the opportunity
- Both NYT members and non-members
- Those who have had a break from performing and want to get started again
On the final session, you will collaborate with those working on the Writing for Theatre course and will have a chance to work with a writer to help develop a brand-new piece of text.
January - 11th, 18th, 25th
February - 1st, 8th
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Venue: 443-445 Holloway Road, London, N7 6LW
Am I eligible for a free place?
At The National Youth Theatre we never want cost to be a barrier, that's why we offer limited free spaces on each course. For a free place, please fill out the short application form here
I have access needs, can I still take part?
Our courses are adaptable for participants with disability and neurodivergence where required. All participants are asked to provide Access Requirements before attending to make sure their needs are met. For further information, please contact email@example.com
What should I bring?
Please wear comfortable clothing, bring a snack and water bottle (NYT is walking distance to many corner shops, cafes & local supermarkets to buy food from), and a notepad and pen
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org