Join our Hub
Aged 11-25? Join our Hub and become part of our creative community today. Auditions to become a National Youth Theatre Member in 2022 are now open.
- Attend 2 live online workshops with Industry pros every month
- Watch interviews with leading Industry Voices on-demand
- Audition to become an Acting Member (14-25s)
- Interview to become a Backstage Member (16-25s)
- Take part in training in Key Skills, Creative Leadership & Inclusive Practice
- Get Exclusive Content and Resources
- Unlock Discounts*, Merch & More
£2-a-month / £24-a-year
Access talks with leading industry professionals.
How will auditions work in 2022? (For ages 14-25)
Auditions are now open for young people across the UK who are aged 14-25 on the 1st August 2022.
- To become an Acting Member in 2022, sign up to the Hub to submit an audition video
- We'll invite those we would like to meet again to a live digital recall in February or April 2022
- Everyone will find out by the end of May 2022 if they've successfully gained a place on one of our Acting Intake Courses
- After completing an Intake Course you become an National Youth Theatre Acting Member
Read our Auditions Guide for more information on what to prepare for your audition.
The final deadline to submitt your first round self tape to be considered for the intake courses in 2022 is Wednesday 23rd March 2022 by 4pm.
Upload your tape before Sunday 23rd January 2022 by 4pm to be eligible for an early-bird recall between 14 - 20 February 2022.
How will backstage interviews work in 2022? (For ages 16-25)
Interviews are now open for Backstage Courses in Stage Management, Costume Design & Making, Lighting, Video & Projection, Set Design & Scenic Construction, Theatre Sound and Composition.
- To become a Backstage Member in 2022, sign up to the Hub and book an interview slot
- We'll invite those showing most potential to attend a Backstage summer intake course.
- Everyone will find out by the end of May 2022 if they've successfully gained a place on our Backstage Intake Courses
- After completing an Intake Course you become an NYT Backstage Member
Backstage Members are a vital part of our creative community. They take up key roles on our productions, Inclusion projects, events, and get access to external opportunities, Creative Leadership training and mentoring from industry experts.
Read our Backstage Guide for more information on how to prepare for your Interview.
Aged 11-13 and want to get involved? If you’re 11-13 the Hub is a great introduction to National Youth Theatre, where you can access Start-Up discounts, skill-workshops and resources before you can audition when you turn 14.
How we can support you to take part
We are looking for a company who represent the diversity of Britain’s youth in all its forms. We celebrate difference and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability or background.
- Fee Waivers & Bursaries: Apply for support to cover the cost of your Hub subscription Read more about this here.
- The Auditions Access Fund: A annual programme, delivering free workshops and audition days to 10 partners nationally
- The Islington Pledge: Live in Islington? Check here to see if you're eligible for a free Hub subscription
Accessibility If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made in order for you to take part in our activity please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7561 8661
National Youth Theatre Members and Hub Subscribers are eligible for Masterclass discounts. Please note that Masterclass discounts apply to in-person Masterclasses taking place in the Spring and Autumn terms. Please note that Masterclass discounts do not apply to digital masterclasses which are currently running at a reduced price.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking