The Islington Pledge
As part of Islington Council's '11 by 11 Islington Pledge' National Youth Theatre is able to provide Hub Subscription Fee Waivers to Islington Residents who meet the eligibility criteria specified below.
A subscription to the NYT Hub provides:
- Access to 24+ Industry Workshops
- The chance to Audition to become a NYT Acting Member (14-25s only)
- The chance to Interview to become a NYT Backstage Member (18-25s only)
- Access to resources, events and more
- If you're successful in your Audition or Interview to become a NYT Member, you'll take part in one of our Summer Intake Courses.
You are eligible for a fee waiver through the Islington Pledge if...
- You will be aged between 11-25 by 25 July 2021
- You live in the London Borough of Islington (Check your borough here)
- And at least one of the following applies to you:
- You have been eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years
- You are currently in care or are a care leaver
- You are a full time carer for a parent or sibling
- You are a single parent and currently aged 14-25
- You are an ‘estranged student’
- You are eligible for Pupil Premium
- You have an EHCP plan in place for your Education, or have had a prior Statement of Special Educational Needs that covers your last year in Full Time Education
How to apply?
Submit your application by 1 March 2021.
Supporting document list
As part of the application process you will need to upload one document to support your application.
Suggested supporting documents are below:
- Income Support (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Child Tax Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Working Tax Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Universal Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (applicant)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (applicant)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (applicant)
- Education, Health and Care Assessment Plan (EHSA) (applicant)
What happens if I’m successful?
If you're successful, you will receive a free NYT Hub Subscription.
Using this subscription, you can apply to join the National Youth Theatre as a Member via one of our Auditions or Backstage Interviews. If you're successful in your audition/interview you'll be invited to join one of our Summer Intake Courses. After finishing the course you will become a member of the National Youth Theatre, a membership offers you many opportunities including access to castings for our shows, castings outside of the organisation, free post-show discussions, and members events. You can be apart of the membership up until your 26th Birthday.