The Islington Pledge
As part of Islington Council's 'Islington Pledge' National Youth Theatre are offering to waive audition fees for their 2019 acting auditions and backstage interviews for young people who are UK residents, live in the Borough of Islington and meet the following criteria:
- You will be aged between 14-25 by 1st July 2018
- You live in the London Borough of Islington (Check your borough here)
- And you can evidence one of the following
- Your family income of less than £25,000
- Your family income is less than £43,000 and your home address is in a neighbourhood with low participation (Quintile 1 in accordance with the HEFCE Polar4 Postcode Check)
- You have been eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years
- You are in Care or are a Care leaver
- You have a declared disability
- You are an ‘estranged student’
- You are eligible for Pupil Premium
- You have an EHCP plan in place for your Education, or have had a prior Statement of Special Educational Needs that covers your last year in Full Time Education
How do I apply?
You’ll need to submit your details via this online form before Thursday 21 February. You will need to be available to attend an audition or interview between 12th January - 31st March 2019 in London. (10am - 6pm)
You can submit your preferred date within the online application form.
If successful the correspondence will also confirm the date and time of your audition/interview.
Supporting document list
As part of the application process you will need to upload one document to support your application.
Suggested supporting documents are below:
- Income Support (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Child Tax Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Working Tax Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Universal Credit (applicant or parent/guardian)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (applicant)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (applicant)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (applicant)
- Education, Health and Care Assessment Plan (EHSA) (applicant)
What happens in a National Youth Theatre audition and when can I take part?
We run auditions and interviews all over the UK every January, February and March. You can learn more about where we’ll be auditioning and what to expect on the day here.
What happens if I’m successful?
We release results in May following auditions and backstage interviews. If successful you will be invited to take part in a National Youth Theatre summer course. After finishing the course you will become a member of the National Youth Theatre, a membership offers you many opportunities including access to castings for our shows, castings outside of the organisation, free post-show discussions, and members events. You can be apart of the membership up until your 26th Birthday.