There are plenty of ways to get involved in National Youth Theatre.
Join the Hub
Aged 11-25? Join our Hub and become part of our creative community today.
- Access 24+ Industry Workshops
- Audition to become an Acting Member (14-25)
- Interview to become a Backstage Member (18-25)
- Attend Creative Leadership Sessions
- Get Exclusive Content and Resources
- Unlock Discounts, Merch & More
Become a National Youth Theatre Member (Ages 13+)
Join us as a National Youth Theatre Member, by applying to take part in one of our Acting or Backstage Summer Intake Courses.
To apply you need to
- Join the Hub
- Submit an Audition Tape or Book a Backstage Interview via the Hub Notice Board
- Wait to hear back in May 2021 if you've successfully gained a place on our Summer Courses
After you complete your summer intake course, you'll become a National Youth Theatre Member until you turn 26.
Start Up Digital
Too young to audition? Join the National Youth Theatre every Saturday morning or afternoon online and explore ensemble story telling, improvisation and music with a leading NYT director. The perfect way to start with the NYT before auditioning to join as a member at the age of 14.
Starting 9th January 2021.
Be Part of an NYT Production (NYT Members Only)
Every year we produce a season of ambitious shows to platform young talent and support emerging directors and writers. Working with some of the UK’s top theatres and arts venues, our productions give young people the opportunity to learn on high-profile platforms on stage in from of an audience.
Once you turn 15, you can take part in our regular masterclasses which take place around the UK during the academic holidays.
- Start-Up Saturdays
- Club Membership
- National Auditions