Your weekly news update from National Youth Theatre
This week saw our first ever workshop run of Rachel De-lahay’s brand new play for National Youth Theatre The Hole. Directed by Christa Harris and starring six NYT Members, we took over The Old Rep Theatre for two nights only.
Centre Stage Creatives
The deadline is fast approaching to become one of our Centre Stage Creatives in 2019. We’re looking for three current NYT Members aged 18-25 who are passionate about creating work and engaging members to join our team in 2019
Centre Stage Creatives will…
- Receive up to £3000 of funding to develop your own production or project
- Work with us to develop creative national hubs, engage local members and champion local talent
- Get mentoring and bursary support to undertake the role
Members' Workshop | Finding Character
This March we're hosting a free Finding Character workshop with actor and drag queen Guy Woolf aka Electra Cute.
Whether you’re performer, writer, or theatre-maker, none of the above, or all of them – get involved in this physical exploration of character from the point of discovery to developing them into a fully fledged being. Explore the full range of characterisation from realistic to abstract and everything in between.
Auditions and Interviews
Playing Up Applications
Applications are currently open for our 2019/2020 Playing Up Company! 19-24 and not in education, employment or training? Get involved in our free nine-month drama training course and…
- Get drama training from a whole host of National Youth Theatre Associate Artists
- Receive bursary and pastoral support
- Get support applying to Drama School, University or employment, and work towards a Access to Higher Education Diploma
Bryan Forbes Assistant Director Bursary
We’re on the lookout for our next Bryan Forbes Assistant Director. Are you or do you know an early career director aged 18-30? We’re offering a £10,000 bursary and industry mentoring to the next Bryan Forbes Assistant Director who will train alongside our 2019 REP Company and assistant director our REP Season
We’re looking for two experienced project managers to work on our 2019 summer courses. Do you enjoy working on large scale projects? Are you passionate about working with young people?
Member and Alumni News
• REP 2019 Alumna Isabel Adomokah-Young has just been announced as one of cast members for the RSC Summer Season 2019
• NYT Alumnus and Trustee Prasanna Puwanarajah will direct Venice Preserved at the RSC this year
• The new artistic director of Northern Broadsides Laurie Sansom is a National Youth Theatre Alumnus
• NYT Alumnus David Suchet is starring in The Price at Wyndhams Theatre in London
• Luke Treadaway is in Channel 4’s new show Traitors