The National Youth Theatre of Great Britain are offering one early career director the opportunity to train alongside the 2019 REP Company. The successful applicant will support the work of the NYT REP Company, assistant direct the REP Company's productions, direct a performance and receive mentoring from an industry professional.
The Bryan Forbes NYT REP Assistant Director
The purpose of this Bursary opportunity is to learn the skills of a Director through practical experience and learning. The Assistant Director will support the work of The NYT REP Company. In order to do this they are expected to attend all relevant meetings and to assist on several productions over the course of the 8 month period. The Assistant Director will also train alongside the actors in the REP Company developing knowledge and understanding of the performer.
The 2019 NYT REP Company is due to run from May 2019 - January 2019. This is not an employment contract. The length of the role is 8 months full time, including evenings and weekends when appropriate and as required.
The successful applicant with receive a £10,000 bursary to support their training and development
"This programme and your bursary feels like a catalyst for change, a platform to share voices that are not usually heard, and a chance to make ripples at the very top of our industry."
- Meghan Doyle, NYT REP Assistant Director 2018
- You must be aged between 18-30 years old to apply for this role
- Proven experience as a theatre director/assistant director – at least one professional, reviewed show, and previous assisting experience highly preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to give strong notes and to be observant and constructive when watching rehearsals and performances
- An ability to multi-task and respond reliably to tasks as required by the artistic team
- Be positive and approachable when dealing with a wide range of artists at all levels
- Highly organised and self-motivated, and meticulous about detail
- Computer literate
Interviews to be held 18th-29th March.
We're very grateful to everyone who has donated to The Bryan Forbes Bursary Fund for making this opportunity possible.