A London Theatre Experience is a three-week National Youth Theatre course designed to offer a fully immersive experience in theatre making whilst developing your talent in the heart of London’s ‘Theatreland’. You will work with a variety of NYT Associates from organisations including London's National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, The Globe and the BBC. This exclusive programme will also offer you the opportunity to perform on stage at top theatre venue the heart of London’s West End to an invited audience. A stimulating range of cultural activities will be organised alongside the practical programme. You will experience Olivier award-winning West End theatre productions, visit London’s finest galleries and museums and enjoy backstage tours of some of the UK’s most prestigious arts venues.
The experience includes:
- Six theatre trips
- Two day workshop in Acting for Screen
- Two day workshop in Audition Technique
- Backstage tour of Drury Lane and National Theatre
- Two weeks of skills training with National Youth Theatre Associate Artists
- One week of rehearsals with a professional theatre director
- Performing on a West End stage
- Written and verbal feedback
- Take home showreel footage
- Option to audition for future opportunities within the organisation
Week 1 – Developing Skills
During the first week you will focus on working as an ensemble and fundamental acting skills. You will practice the professional discipline of warming-up and be introduced to specialist performance skills including improvisation, voice, movement and naturalism.
Week 2 – Developing Practice
The second week will focus on rehearsal and preparation of scenes and monologues alongside the development of theatre practice and theatre making skills.
Week 3 – Developing Performance
The final week gives you the opportunity to put your skills developed in weeks one and two into practice in two contexts, a final performance on stage at West End London theatre, and in an Acting for Screen masterclass. (Includes take home footage)
How do I apply?
1) Complete an application online by using the ‘Apply Now’ link below and paying £375 deposit. If we are able to offer you a place this will contribute to the tuition fee
2) Submit a two minute video answering the following questions:
- Where are you from and how did you hear about this course?
- What excites you about the theatre scene in London?
- Have you taken part in a performance or any theatre training before?
- What are you hoping to get out of the course?
Send a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org (suggested platforms include Vimeo, You Tube using a password protected link)
Application deadline for this course is Thursday 31st May
Your place will be confirmed via email (we do not recommend you make travel or accommodation arrangements until this time)
If we are unable to offer you a place your £375 deposit will be fully refunded
Deposit Payment: £375
Course Fee: £3,750 (includes all activities & theatre tickets) See course guide for more information.
For more information regarding course content, leaders, course fees, accommodation and how to apply, please download the course guide.
Got a question? Please contact email@example.com
- For ages 16 - 25 years
- 3 week summer course
- Online video application
- Includes all theatre trips and excursions